Parents, volunteers, teenage athletes, clubs - do you want some ideas on activities to run for kids around cross-country and what you should be focusing on with athletes up to the age of 12?
Check out this course being held on Queens Birthday Weekend, 4 June, aimed at volunteers/parents/teenagers coaching working with athletes up to and including 12 years of age. It is free for Scottish members and parents of Scottish members.
Main objectives of this coaching course:
This course considers the development of endurance running skills and participants will be expected to;
- Introduce correct fundamental athletics skill development to participants;
- Practical ideas for implementation of informal and formal competition into club and school settings;
- Create participation for all.
The official material used for Run Jump Throw will be used on thsi course:
- Athletics New Zealand Run Jump Throw Manual
- IAAF Kids Athletics events presenters:
Mark Harris will present the course.
The course is on Sunday 4 June 2017 from 10am to 12pm at Newlands Intermediate School, Newlands
To book, email email@example.com