- Options for the week
- Around the tracks (results)
- Upcoming events
- Events calendar
Options for the week
- Tuesday 5.00pm. Wellington Waterfront 5k Series, Mac’s Brewbar, Waterfront - Facebook.
- Thursday 5.30pm. Evening run from Kupe Statue - contact Lindsay and Rowan for info
- Saturday, 8.00am McVilly Shield Relay, Karori Park. Please encourage friends and family to come along and give it a go - whether club members or not. Everyone is welcome.
- Saturday, 8.00am, Lower Hutt 5km Parkrun, Porirua 5km Parkrun, Kapiti Coast 5km Parkrun
- Saturday 9.00am, Round The Vines 10km or half marathon, Martinborough Square
- Sunday 8.30am, Sunday Run, Outside Freyberg Pool - contact Lindsay and Ben for info
- Sunday 9.00am, Honest Ten 10km, Evans Bay Wind Needle
Around the tracks (results)
- NZ Track and Field Championships in Christchurch: Ayesha Shafi was 7th in the 5000m in a PB of 18:06.47. Seamus Kane was 18th in the 5000m in 15:10.81. Harry Burnard was 27th in the 5000m in 15:55.27 and 6th in the 3000m Steeplechase in 10:01.64, Sam Hyde-Smith won the U20 titles in the 800m in 1:57.95 and the 1500m in 4:03.37. James Preston was second in the 800m in 1:53.22. Hamish Carson was second in the 1500m in 4:10.90 - Photos and videos on Facebook and results
- Dan Jones ran 2:18:40 at the Lake Biwa Marathon, Japan for 46th place (and fastest NZer of the year so far).
- Lyn Clark finished the 36.7 km Tararua Mountain Race in a time of 7:32:54. Lyn was second placed in the Supervet Women grade. She was the third solo woman overall. Walter Somerville was 12th in the open men category in 6:36:55 - results
- Waterfront 5km: PB to Jerome Edwards - Results
- And results from last week's Club Meet A at Newtown Park: Liz Bentley 400m in 1:19.25 and 35.54 for 200m. Stephen BAss 10:05.68 PB for 3000m. Terri Grimmett 20:20.30 for 3000m walk. Shane O Rahilly 4:10.66 for 1500m. Jonathon Harper 2:58.65 for 800m - Results
McVilly Shield - 16 March
- Please bring along friends and whanau to the McVilly Shield Relay - everyone can take part. Arrive at 8.00am at Karori Park (a.k.a. The Field of Dreams), sign up, and we will split you into relay teams of three. We plan to start the race at 8.30am. Each team needs to do ten laps of K Park but you can do those ten laps in any order you like so long as no one in your team does more than four laps total. Each lap is a kilometre (ish). Last year's defending champion team is Harry Burnard, Marshall Clark, Bevan Cox and Quentin Keller - but controversy plagued their win after they snuck to the lead as a result of some random handicapping. The random handicapping will be back again this year.
- Transport: Bus 2 goes from Seatoun, Miramar, Kilbirnie and Town straight to Karori Park. Or leave a message by email or Facebook if you want a ride or can offer a ride to others.
Wellington 5000m Champs - 30 March
- The Wellington 5000m champs are the last track and field event of the summer. Normally Scottish has a big turnout for this event and it is a great opportunity to run a fast 5km time in a big group of runners.
Scottish Opening Day and Centennial Cup (5km) - 6 April
- Join us for our season Opening Day. Everyone is welcome - all age and speeds. The Centennial Cup (5km) and the Tearle Trophy Handicap Walk are friendly, flat races along the southern bays. We will gather beforehand, 1.45pm, at St Hilda's Church, 311 The Parade. You can leave gear here and we will return later for afternoon tea and a prizegiving. The race will start from Island Bay Beach, at 2pm. It is a sealed handicap, which means that we all start at the same time but the fastest runners are given a handicap so everyone should finish with the same (or similar) times. The winner wins the cup!
3 Peaks 2019 Series
- Our 3 Peaks organising team have announced the three peaks for each of this year's three events. Maps and route will be available soon. It costs $10 to enter each event. You can start in your own time from 8.00am to 8.30am Pick your own route solo or team up with someone else to complete any number of the peaks.
- Event 1 - 28 April - The Southern Town Belter - starting from Scottish Clubrooms. Peaks: Mount Albert > Atatürk Memorial > Mount Crawford Prison.
- Event 2 - 26 May - The Northern Hill Circuit - Starts from Kelburn Cricket Club Rooms (Anderson Park TBC), Peaks: Te Ahumairangi Hill > Wrights Hill > Hawkins Hill (Radar Dome)
- Event 3 - 16 June - The Skyline Traverse - Starts from Crofton Downs School, Peaks: Mount Kaukau > Johnston Hill > Odell Reserve (via Piwakawaka Track)
Welcome to new J Team Captain
- We've got a new J Team* Captain. Tom Newton is taking over from our long-serving Jonathon Harper. Tom is a second year BA and BCom student at VUW. He says: "The most important part of this job would be the safety of the kids and their enjoyment... I love sport and supporting kids of all abilities to have fun through exercise." Tom will be at the McVilly Shield on the morning of Sat 16/3 to help out, and to meet J Team members and their parents.
Change in dates
- Athletics Wellington has moved the Bays Relay from 10 August to 17 August. A decision about the date of the Wellington Road Champs will be made next month. The 2019 Calendar is available online. You can see it at this link. I am also slowly copying it across to our Google Calendar on the front of the website - so I recommend you sync it to your own electronic diary.
12 - Waterfront 5km, Outside Macs Bar - 5.45pm
16 - Lower Hutt 5km Parkruns, Porirua 5km Parkruns, Kapiti Coast 5km Parkruns – 8am
16 - McVilly Shield, 8am, Karori Park
16 - Round The Vines 10km or half marathon, Martinborough Square, 9am
17 - Honest Ten 10km, Evans Bay Wind Needle, 9.00am
19 - Waterfront 5km, Outside Macs Bar - 5.45pm
20 - Scottish Club Track Night, Newtown Park, 6pm
23 - Lower Hutt 5km Parkruns, Porirua 5km Parkruns, Kapiti Coast 5km Parkruns – 8am
23 - Xterra West Wind, 18km, 12km or 7.5km, Makara Wind Farm, 9am
23 - Club Meet B, Newtown Park, 1.30pm
26 - Waterfront 5km, Outside Macs Bar - 5.45pm
30 - Lower Hutt 5km Parkruns, Porirua 5km Parkruns, Kapiti Coast 5km Parkruns – 8am
30 - Final Club Meet and Wellington 5000m Championships, Newtown Park, 1.30pm
31 - Gully Gutbuster, Paparangi School, 9am
6 - Lower Hutt 5km Parkruns, Porirua 5km Parkruns, Kapiti Coast 5km Parkruns – 8am
6 - Scottish Opening Day and Centennial Cup, 1.45pm, St Hilda's Church, Island Bay
13 - Lower Hutt 5km Parkruns, Porirua 5km Parkruns, Kapiti Coast 5km Parkruns – 8am
13 - NZ and Wellington Mountain Running Championships, Wainuiomata
13 - Plunket Fun Run, Remutaka Incline
14 - Xterra Oronogrongo, 20km, 12km or 7km, 9am
20 - Lower Hutt 5km Parkruns, Porirua 5km Parkruns, Kapiti Coast 5km Parkruns – 8am
20 - Easter Pack Run, Scottish Clubrooms, 2pm
27 - Lower Hutt 5km Parkruns, Porirua 5km Parkruns, Kapiti Coast 5km Parkruns – 8am
27 - Shaw Baton Relays, Battle Hill Farm Park, Pauatahanui
27 - Xterra Wainui, Wainui Trail Park
28 - Scottish 3 Peaks Event One, Venue TBC
4 - Rotorua Marathon, Rotorua
4 - Club pack run, Scottish Clubrooms, Prince of Wales Park Mt Cook, 2pm
11 - University Cross Country Relays and Chocolate Race Walk, Mackays Crossing, Paekakariki
18 - Scottish Short Course Mountain Champs, Huntleigh Guide Centre, Crofton Downs, 2pm
19 - Xterra 4, Whareroa Farm Park
25 - Vosseler Shield, Mt Victoria
26 - Scottish 3 Peaks Event Two, Venue TBC, 8am
26 - Masters Classic XC Relay, Trentham Memorial Park
Keep in touch with the club via: