An iconic series of 3 winter events open to anyone who want to experience varied running/walking trails covering 9 iconic peaks of Wellington.
The 2017 installment of the Wellington 3 Peaks series, hosted by the Wellington Scottish Athletics Club, kicks off on Sunday 23rd of April. Check out the Wellington 3 Peaks Facebook Page for updates on each event.
Event One - April 23rd Sunday (Mt Albert, Mt Crawford, Mt Victoria)
Event Two - May 28th Sunday (Wrights Hill, Hawkins Hill, Tawa Tawa Reserve)
- Event Three - June 25th Sunday (Mount Kaukau, Tinakori Hill, Johnstons Hill) - Starts from Crofton Downs
- Open to anyone – You will need to be reasonably fit and able to run for about 2hrs
- Registration is prior to each event between 7:30am and 8:00am
- Event cost $10 per event paid on the day or via Direct Credit (see Bank details below)
- Each event starts at 8am
- Pick your own route solo or team up with someone else to complete any number of the peaks
- Runners can start in their own time between 8am and 9am - Walkers can start at 7.30am
- At the top of each peak you will tear off a ticket (or a page from a book) corresponding to your race number and bring these back to the club room to prove that you actually found the peaks
- Water will be provided at strategic locations (location confirmed on the day) together with jet plane sweets
- For those who do not know the trails and finding your way, Wellington Scottish will be organising packs of various paces leaving at 8.15am that you can join
- Maps and a .GPX file of an approximate route will be provided on our website before the event so you can download and follow if going solo
- Since this is a winter event you will need to carry wet/cold weather gear as required on the day. There is no enforcement of this however we expect you to be self-sufficient and provide us with a cell phone number at registration and carry one with you during each event